My publications, grant activity, and works in progress interrogate the relationships between writing and educational equity + justice.
Links to selected scholarship:
- Madden, S., Eodice, M., Edwards, K. T., & Lockett, A. (Eds.) (2020). Learning from the lived experiences of graduate student writers. Book published by Utah State University Press.
- Madden, S., & Tarabochia, S. (2020). Mentorship, emotional labor, and equity for doctoral student and faculty writers. Book chapter in Diverse approaches to teaching, learning, and writing across the curriculum.
- The Emerging Scholars Project (ongoing, with Sandra Tarabochia).
- Madden, S. (2018). “Pathways to inclusion: Identity, difference, and institutional innovation.” Invited Keynote at the Consortium on Graduate Communication Summer Institute. June 10–12. Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Madden, S., & Eodice, M. (2016). (Eds.) “Access and Equity in Graduate Writing Support.” Special issue of Praxis: A Writing Center Journal, 14(1).
- Madden, S., & Stinnett, J. (2016). “Empowering Graduate Student Writers and Rejecting Outsourced Mentorship,” a 3-part blog post in Community: The Official Blog of the Writing Center Journal. (Part 1. Part 2. Part 3.)
- Wood, T. K., & Madden, S. (2013). “Suggested Practices for Syllabus Accessibility Statements” Kairos Praxis Wiki, 19(1). *Won Honorable Mention for the 2014 Accessibility and Digital Composition Award from Computers and Composition Digital Press.*